Review of School Improvement in Literacy
* There was a positive outcome on test results.
* The numerical decrease in the percentile rank was achieved.
* Bridges for understanding proved very effective. It facilitated the transfer of learning into the next class. Teachers found that the concept of Bridges for Understanding, once introduced came naturally to the children.
* Staff interacted with PDST online and also attended days during the year facilitated by PDST.
* Early Intervention proved to be very successful especially in the area of oral work and basic fundamentals. However, to continue this good work appropriate levels of staffing needs to be maintained but given the introduction of the new model of SEN it is not clear yet whether staffing levels in the school will be adversely affected.
* Station Teaching facilitated ability groupings. It was a great confidence boost for pupils. There was a transfer across to their creative writing. It was found to be very successful in the area of consolidation (focussing on over-used words/ WOW words proved to be a very successful venture)
* New practices were monitored both formally and informally in Croke Park hours and at a Staff Meeting.
* Standardised Tests were administered at the end of May.
* All staff concluded that at the end of this process, it was deemed to be an overall success.